All the Right Tools: must-have grilling equipment
The right outdoor cooking tools can turn grilled meals into alfresco feasts—with less effort. The fine art of grilling is much more than lighting a fire and throwing meat onto the grate. Proper utensils and grilling accessories make all the difference, especially when you're cooking for a crowd.
Here are some tools—beyond forks and basting brushes—that you will find most helpful in taking your grilling experience to the next level.
- A great grill brush is essential, as it is important to clean your grill surface before and after cooking. The Grill Daddy brush is unique because its built-in water reservoir releases water onto your hot grill and creates steam that melts away stubborn particles other grill brushes leave behind.
- An outdoor prep cart is key to making sure you have everything you need at hand, and it's a handy workspace. Keep food, spices, and utensils nearby without extra trips to and from the kitchen; plus you can use it for storage.
- Standing over the grill can be taxing on your legs and back, so make your time in front of the flames more comfortable with an anti-fatigue mat. The raised rubber surface of this mat provides outstanding comfort and traction and holds up to outdoor elements.
- Mesh grill baskets make cooking side dishes a snap. Keep a handle on your asparagus, green beans, bell peppers, potatoes, and more while you keep them from falling through the grill grate into the flames. You can even use one to make a roast.
- Cooking stones make it possible to cook meats, poultry, seafood, pizza—and even bake bread—on the grill. Whether you choose lava, ceramic, or salt, stones sit directly on the grill grate surface. They circulate air, evenly distribute heat while foods cook, and prevent flare-ups that can burn food.
- Roasters, rotisseries, and beer-can cookers are perfect for poultry. Cook chicken, Cornish hen, and duck over the open flame, as they perch on a roaster above their delicious juices.
- A great thermometer allows you to know exactly when your food has reached the desired temperature. With this tool you can cook to everyone's preferred tastes and make sure meat is cooked safely.
- Presentation is key, so place your grilled creations on a stylish carving board for an elegant tableside presentation. This allows meats to rest and juices to settle, locking in moisture and flavor before you cut and serve.
Shop Grilling Accessories »