|Straining the sauce makes it smooth and glossy. |
Wolfgang's Asian Rib Sauce
Makes about 1-1/3 cups
Not only do we use this sauce with our spareribs at Chinois, but we stir a little into many of our dishes for additional flavor and color. It’s particularly good with our Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews and Pine Nuts
- 1-1/4 cups rice wine vinegar*
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup mirin*
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
*Note: Rice wine vinegar and mirin can be purchased in markets that carry Asian products.
- In a 4-cup enamel or stainless steel saucepan, combine all the ingredients and cook, over medium-high heat until syrupy, 50 to 60 minutes. Strain into a clean container and cool.
- Refrigerate, covered, and use as needed.