|Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices, diagonally. |
|Sauté the zucchini and garlic for 2 minutes.|
|Add the tomatoes and basil and sauté for 3 more minutes.|
Zucchini with Basil and Tomatoes
The zucchini should be small and firm, the tomatoes ripe and juicy; and only fresh basil will give you the special flavor.
- 12 to 15 baby zucchini, approximately 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced, and drained
- 1 cup julienned basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices diagonally, or 1/4-inch cubes.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Cook the zucchini and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil. Continue to cook for 3 more minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold.
Serve in a heated serving bowl or arrange attractively on each plate as an accompaniment to an entrée.