How to measure for bar stools
Measure twice, shop once. See what two measurements you need to determine which chairs will best suit you.Watch the Video
In the details
Artistry and exacting design. See how careful consideration of the finer points produces beauty and lasting quality.Watch the Video
How-Tos & Inspiration
What's your bar stool style?
Coastal, contemporary, or traditional. If you aren't sure which is your style, we're here to help.Read More
The Bar Stool Measuring Guide
Learn how two key measurements determine which chairs will work best in your home.Read More
Seat Yourself: Which types of bar stools work where
Determining which types of bar stools work in your space all depends on how you're using the location.Read More
Three ways to style your bar
Reflect your personal style with traditional, modern or coastal accents and serveware.Read More
- Can I get swatches of the fabric and wood? We offer a selection of fabric swatches on select product pages. If you can't find the fabric swatch you are looking for, please call Customer Service at (888) 263.9850 and we may be able to help. We currently do not provide wood swatches but anticipate adding them in the near future.
- If I don't like a bar stool, can I return it? If for any reason you are not satisfied with your bar stool, simply return it within 90 days and we'll replace it or refund the cost of the item (excluding shipping and processing fees). We will also repair or replace any product for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Note: Custom bar stools cannot be returned or exchanged unless they are damaged or defective at the time of delivery.
- Does each bar stool come with a footrest? Yes, all Frontgate bar stools include a foot rest, plus a protective metal kickplate. Footrests provide additional comfort while sitting, and the kickplate prevents the wood from being scuffed.
- Which bar stools swivel? What is the function of swiveling? Swivel stools are identified as such on their respective product pages. These bar stools offer a 180 return swivel on chairback versions and 360 swivel on the backless versions. The swivel feature makes maneuvering in and out of the seat easy, meaning you won't have to scoot the stool toward and away from a counter. That's an extra advantage if your space doesn't allow a lot of room between bar stools.
- What's the difference between bar and counter height? Most bars and counters are within a standard range of heights: 40"-42" for bars, 34"-39" for counters. Our bar-height and counter-height stools are sized to accommodate those dimensions. Your seat height should be about 9"-11" from the top of the bar or counter. Note each stool's listed seat height to see which works best for your space. Follow the guidelines on our Measuring Guide and view the corresponding video.
- Should stools look different in a kitchen vs. an actual bar? The type of stools for any space is a matter of personal preference. Whether you pick traditional or backless stools, and ones with or without a swivel, likely depends on how much time you spend sitting at your bar/counter and how much space you have. The stool's design and upholstery can be subject to your decor. To determine your style and learn which type of stool works where, visit our Bar Stool Guide.
- Which stool is the most comfortable? Stools with a back are going to be the most comfortable for long periods of sitting, but all our barstools are tested for comfort and are constructed of the highest quality materials.
- Can you change out the upholstery on a bar stool? That isn’t a service we offer. If you worry about the longevity of your upholstery, consider a bar stool with available performance fabrics, such as Chapman, Kent and Henning. Leather is also a durable upholstery. Additionally, Soma and Pavilion offer optional cushions that can be cleaned.
- How do I clean stools? The frame can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. For upholstery care, consult the cleaning instructions on each respective stool's product page.