All season long, award-winning chef and Food Network star, Chef Michael Symon is sharing his expertise in entertaining alfresco. From what to stock in your outdoor kitchen to tips for hosting the best summer barbecue, he has you covered. Now, he’s sharing recipes to heat up your next backyard gathering. Let’s get cooking!
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 oz olive oil
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 12 skewers (8–10 inches long), soaked in water
- To make marinade, mix olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic and lemons.
- Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Skewer the chicken pieces on 10-12 skewers.
- Heat your grill with charcoal on one side only, creating an indirect heat source.
- Season skewered chicken with salt, and place on the hot side of the grill.
- Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side then move to the cooler side of the grill and close the lid.
- If you have a meat thermometer, cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, or another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!