All season long, award-winning chef and Food Network star Chef Michael Symon is sharing his expertise in entertaining alfresco. From what to stock in your outdoor kitchen to tips for hosting the best summer barbecue, he has you covered. Now, he’s sharing recipes to heat up your next backyard gathering. Let’s get cooking!
Tomato Avocado Salad with Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears of Corn
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 3 Limes, Zest and Juice
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado, peeled and diced
- 6 Scallions, White and Green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Soak the ears of Corn in their husks overnight in salted water.
- Heat a charcoal grill to medium-low.
- Put the soaked Ears, still in their husks, on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Garlic, Lime Zest and Juice. Add the Tomatoes, Avocado, Scallions and herbs and gently toss. Season with Salt and Pepper. Drizzle on Olive Oil and combine.
- Remove the Corn from the grill and let it cool enough so that you can handle it. Peel off and discard the husks.
- Serve with your favorite accompaniments & enjoy!